Hello all! I did a bad thing…
A really bad thing…
You see this website called Pinterest (ever heard of it?) just sucked me in and made me scroll through it’s food and drink section where I stumbled upon this banana cake recipe.
Then I somehow made this entire cake twice in a week’s time and ate an unhealthy amount all on my own. Don’t worry I did share quite a bit among friends. I think I would have quite literally exploded had I eaten two dish fulls. I had to freeze the rest before I actually did myself in. It’s become a bit of a love/hate thing for me. I love how amazing it is yet I hate how I can’t stop eating it! But definitely heavily favored on the love side. 😉
Shelly over at Cookies&Cups did an outstanding job on this recipe! It’s a really easy recipe to make that packs a punch with the flavor. It’s so gooey and sweet and just dangerous as can be. My love handles are just loving it y’all!
If you’re feeling like living on the wild side give this Banana Bread Crumb Cake recipe a try. I’m sure you’ll love/hate it as much as I do!
Banana Bread Crumb Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas (or 2 large bananas)
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
Crumb Filling and Topping
- 1 cup cold butter (2 sticks), cubed
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
Banana Bread Directions
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Prepare a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. I ended up running out of spray so I just spread some coconut oil on the dish.
3) In a medium bowl whisk flour, baking powder and salt together.
4) In a large bowl mash bananas until they are creamy.
5) Mix in butter until combined. I used a potato masher to ensure that everything got combined well.
6) Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla until combined.
7) Stir in flour and milk gradually, alternating. Begin and end with flour.
Crumb Filling and Topping Directions
1) Combine all three ingredients together and cut in butter with a pastry cutter or fork until coarse crumbs form.
Assembling the Dish
1) Pour half of the banana bread batter into your baking dish. Top with half of the crumb filling. Repeat.
2) Bake for 60 minutes until the center is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
3) Cool for 30 minutes.
4) Top with glaze if desired.
1) Whisk powdered sugar and 1 tbsp of milk together. Add more milk as needed to reach the desired consistency.
Enjoy! I don’t have to tell you that, though! You’ll be eating cake! Who doesn’t enjoy some delicious cake?!