On some days there is nothing I love more than being able to throw together a quick and easy meal in the slow cooker, and let it do all the work for me. Tyler and I love bringing Mexican flavors into our cooking, and this meal does it perfectly! Served with some fresh pico de gallo, guacamole, chips and salsa, and you’ve got a fantastic Mexican restaurant quality meal right at your own kitchen table.
I got this recipe from the magazine Cooking Light, which has been a wonderful resource for flavorful recipes that don’t come with the extra calories that flavor rich meals usually seem to. This recipe was a huge hit and Tyler and I devoured it pretty quickly!
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp adobo sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb trimmed beef brisket
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (seeded if you want to cut the heat)
Serve with desired toppings in corn or flour tortillas.