This recipe is an invention of my own inspired by my mother-in-laws own amazing chicken and rice. I must say, I think I nailed it.
Easy Crockpot Chicken and Rice
- 8-10 chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp rosemary and garlic seasoning (you can do the rosemary and garlic separately, I just have this seasoning that combines the two)
- 3 tbsp Montreal Steak seasoning
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 14.5 oz can chicken broth
- 10.75 oz can cream of chicken
- 10.75 oz can cream of mushroom
- 1 can green chiles
- 1 can green beans
- 1 1/4 cups Instant rice (white or brown)
Put all the ingredients in your crockpot (I just put them in as in the order above, plus I usually have the chicken still frozen) and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Now is that an easy dinner, or what? The beauty of this recipe is that it can be tweaked to your likings. Instead of green beans, you could do corn or broccoli or carrots and instead of rice you could sub in chopped potatoes.
As a sidenote, my measurements for the seasonings may not be that accurate. I’m not one for measuring while I cook; I pretty much just keeping adding it until it “looks” right. So, if the above measurements don’t turn out looking like quite enough, then just keep adding!